Post Top Ad

mardi 29 septembre 2020

Korg Kross 2 as midi controller

I am new to world of recording and trying to produce music, but I am beyond excited for the challenge. I hope this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer in my searches.

I am using Pro Tools First as my DAW and I have a scarlett focusrite 4i4 that will be here at the end of the week. I have an electric guitar and a korg kross 2 88 key workstation that I have been using to make music with. The keyboard is amazing in its stand alone form allowing me to loop and layer synthesized midi and piano sounds for a backing track to solo guitar over all without the use of a computer.

Based on all my research it is my understanding that if I plug the keyboard into the scarlett with the audio out on the keyboard it will record whatever sound the piano is emitting(whether that be a synth or classic piano sound), but if I plug the piano into the scarlett using the midi connections it will act as a midi controller for pro tools or any other DAW. Am I correct in my thinking? Will I get real time audio from the DAW with whatever midi sound I have assigned to the keyboard when it is used as a midi controller?

Also if I record in Pro Tools using the audio out will the DAW pick up my keystrokes or will it purely be sound (I think its the ladder but wanted clarification).

The goal for me is be able to use my keyboard as a midi controller for Pro Tools and I think it will do this without issue, but I wanted to verify before purchasing any cables.

Thanks in advance for any help, and again I apologize if these are stupid questions. There is so much to think about and learn with all this and I just want to be thorough in my understanding of it all from the beginning.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés