Hello everyone,
So before I bought the Mbox3 I owned the Scarlett 2i2 which did fine, but I wanted to upgrade. At the time I didn't realize that you could buy an external preamp and hook it up to an interface, and I thought that buying a new interface with a better internal preamp would give me better vocal recordings. I went to Guitar Center and specifically asked the man for the best preamp they had. He told me the Mbox3 so I bought it. -___- This man obviously didn't know what he was talking about because a few days later I found all these amazing external preamps that I could have connected to the Scarlett 2i2 that I originally had. I don't hear much of a difference between the Scarlett 2i2 and the Mbox3 recordings, which makes me sad because I spent a lot of money on upgrading only to find out that I could have bought an external pre for the same amount of money as the Mbox3.
Do you think I should sell my Mbox3 and just buy an external pre (like the Warm Audio TB12) and hook that up to my Scarlett 2i2? Or should I just stick with the Mbox3 and its internal preamps?
Also, the internal preamps are overridden when I use an external pre, right?
The Mbox3 has given me a lot of problems and it's very glitchy. I often have to restart my mac every time I use it because it seems defective.
Sorry for this being soooo long, I just have a lot of questions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
So before I bought the Mbox3 I owned the Scarlett 2i2 which did fine, but I wanted to upgrade. At the time I didn't realize that you could buy an external preamp and hook it up to an interface, and I thought that buying a new interface with a better internal preamp would give me better vocal recordings. I went to Guitar Center and specifically asked the man for the best preamp they had. He told me the Mbox3 so I bought it. -___- This man obviously didn't know what he was talking about because a few days later I found all these amazing external preamps that I could have connected to the Scarlett 2i2 that I originally had. I don't hear much of a difference between the Scarlett 2i2 and the Mbox3 recordings, which makes me sad because I spent a lot of money on upgrading only to find out that I could have bought an external pre for the same amount of money as the Mbox3.
Do you think I should sell my Mbox3 and just buy an external pre (like the Warm Audio TB12) and hook that up to my Scarlett 2i2? Or should I just stick with the Mbox3 and its internal preamps?
Also, the internal preamps are overridden when I use an external pre, right?
The Mbox3 has given me a lot of problems and it's very glitchy. I often have to restart my mac every time I use it because it seems defective.
Sorry for this being soooo long, I just have a lot of questions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire