Post Top Ad

jeudi 2 octobre 2014

I/O Main Out - Not Connected

Hi all!

I'm so ready to just throw this thing out of a window. I have searched the internet, a few forums and youtube to try and fix this and I've gotten no where but hours and hours of wasted time. I apologize if this has been asked before here. I couldn't find anything that fixed my problem.



I'm very new to Pro Tools. Still learning my way around it. I recently bought an Eleven Rack for the interface.



My setup is:

- Windows 7

- ProTools 10

- Guitar plugged into Eleven Rack (True Z input)

- Wire going from output to amp (so I can hear what the tone sounds like)

- USB cable going to computer

- All drivers are definitely installed



I turn on Eleven Rack first before launching ProTools. When ProTools loads up I choose the Eleven Rack Template and the sample rate. The Eleven Rack screen will pop up, the mixer window pops up and the recording window pops up.



In the track labeled "Guitar" I choose "Eleven Rack In 1-2" for the input. I'd like to choose "Main Out L/R Stereo" for the output but it says it's "Not Connected 1-2"



Over the weekend I was able to play the guitar, hear it thru my amp, and hear a dry signal over my computer speakers. The input was the Eleven Rack, just like I stated above. The output was Main Out L/R Stereo, and it was connected. I was also able to program drums and play them back with no problem. I'm unable to do that anymore. Why? I have no idea. My guitar playing signal isn't getting to ProTools either. The sound meter isn't registering any sounds. I am hitting the Record Enable button too.



I've tried changing the Playback Engine From ASIO4ALL v2 to Eleven Rack and vice versa. I've gone to the I/O Setup and hit Default for all the tabs. Nothing is working and it's driving me crazy. I'm ready to go back to my standalone portable multitrack recorder.



Can somebody please walk me thru how to set this up properly? PLEASE!!!!



What I would like to do in the grand scheme of things is:

- use the Eleven Rack as my interface

- record a wet and dry sound at the same time

- hear what's being recorded and play back thru my computer speakers



Thanks in advance for any help!!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés