Post Top Ad

samedi 28 mars 2015

HDX and license

Ok I am way confused on HD users options here. I paid a pretty penny for HDX and I upgraded to 11 awhile back. Its just now become usable in my opinion.



From what I am gathering from reading that you own a perpetual license for 11. I am happy on 11 for now and do not want to go to 12. It offers absolutely nothing I need as far as features go. I don't need cloud collaboration. Its useless for me. I have wetransfer! I upgrade once every two years. In my opinion avid does not make a version usable until later in the software versions life anyways. Very crucial bugs in 11 for a good while. Beat detective was unusable for awhile in 11. Pretty crucial to my work flow.



Here are my questions.



1. If I go to 12 annually for 599.00 Do I surrender my bought license for 11 HD? But when the year runs out it shuts off? Or do I always own 11HD?



2. If I don't upgrade by the end of 2015 to 12 then I can never upgrade my 11HD to anything else? Confused here. What are my options if I let my 11HD license go past the 2015 date? Is my 8k hardware bricked for any future software? Or can I subscribe to an annual plan?



3. What bought options will HD users have if we want to say buy 12 or buy 13 and own it? Do we pay full price or is it just off the table completely?



AVID you guys are really scaring me with this. Surely you guys have a plan for us folks that paid thousands for your hardware.



I love protools but I need to know you are looking out for us that poured a lot of cash into your hardware and have been loyal to you. HD users need a clear path on this software stuff.



I feel like im being forced to upgrade to 12 and I am surrendering my owned software for an annual subscriptions that runs out?! That's just crazy. Rented software should in no means make you not own something you bought. What If I want to resell it?



I hope this is not the case. Please explain someone. Thank you




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés