Post Top Ad

dimanche 29 mars 2015

Sudden Very Loud Tone During Playback

While editing a track using elastic time, playback was going fine as always. But today, playback was suddenly interrupted by an extremely loud tone. It sounded like a test tone, not a hiss or white noise.



It stopped when I hit the space bar to stop playback. The track meter, plus the meter on an aux track with Waves RVerb on it both showed full scale, but the red clip lights were not on. The meters remained frozen at full scale for a bit after I stopped playback. This dangerously noise seemed to recur randomly.



Rebooting the while system (HD, interface, computer and Pro Tools) didn't help. Cleaning the P-RAM didn't help either. I went through the Mac system optimization routine once again and that didn't help.



I'm running a mid-2012 MacBook Pro (2.6 GHz Intel i7 with 16 GB RAM), OS X 10.10.2, Pro Tools HD 11.3.1.370 via an Avid HD Omni and an HD Native Thunderbolt interface.



This has never happened before. To protect my ears, I dare not run Pro Tools until I get this sorted out. Does anybody have any ideas?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés