Hey, Avid.
Long time customer, here. I've been using Pro Tools since, uh, 2006 I think? A long time. Bought a Digi 002 Rack back in the day and haven't looked back since.
Some really nice stuff came about in the past couple years. Freeing up the hardware limitations in version 9 was really welcome. Clip gain in PT 10. Good stuff. And PT 11, exciting stuff there, with the 64-bit rewrite. I saw some real, tangible performance gains. Yeah, the transition to AAX-64 has been rough. But the benefits of PT 11 outweighed the drawbacks. For me, anyway.
I'm an early adopter. I'm savvy enough that computers don't usually give me any serious problems -- at least, not that I can't usually handle -- so I don't mind being on the cutting edge. I'm one of those people that typically buys the new version the day it's released, and puts it into production as quickly as its feasible.
Now, here we are at Pro Tools 12, and I'm wondering exactly what the point of it is. For the first time since I started using PT, I'm not considering buying the upgrade. Collaboration features that no one asked for? Who cares.
You guys set up the Ideascale web site, and there are so many great suggestions there that would get your customers jazzed about your product again. In fact, I'll put the link up here, 'cause I think maybe you forgot all about it.
http://ift.tt/1GO9Db7
I'm not even going to complain about the subscription model that has everyone up in arms. I don't like it much, either, but hey, a company's gotta make money. But, here's an idea:
GIVE US A REASON TO WANT THE NEW VERSION.
Look, I don't want to learn a new DAW. I think you're counting on that. As much as people might like to complain, and threaten to jump ship, there are realities of working in a business where PT is the de facto standard. Not to mention the investment of time to learn a new way of working. But you're only going to be able to push people so far. There are a lot of great options out there, looking more inviting with every misstep and empty promise.
Maybe the hypotheses about Avid being run by a bunch of money-grubbing, borderline incompetent execs are true, and I'm screaming into the void, here. But on the off chance that someone who gives a damn reads this...well, I can dream, can't I?
Long time customer, here. I've been using Pro Tools since, uh, 2006 I think? A long time. Bought a Digi 002 Rack back in the day and haven't looked back since.
Some really nice stuff came about in the past couple years. Freeing up the hardware limitations in version 9 was really welcome. Clip gain in PT 10. Good stuff. And PT 11, exciting stuff there, with the 64-bit rewrite. I saw some real, tangible performance gains. Yeah, the transition to AAX-64 has been rough. But the benefits of PT 11 outweighed the drawbacks. For me, anyway.
I'm an early adopter. I'm savvy enough that computers don't usually give me any serious problems -- at least, not that I can't usually handle -- so I don't mind being on the cutting edge. I'm one of those people that typically buys the new version the day it's released, and puts it into production as quickly as its feasible.
Now, here we are at Pro Tools 12, and I'm wondering exactly what the point of it is. For the first time since I started using PT, I'm not considering buying the upgrade. Collaboration features that no one asked for? Who cares.
You guys set up the Ideascale web site, and there are so many great suggestions there that would get your customers jazzed about your product again. In fact, I'll put the link up here, 'cause I think maybe you forgot all about it.
http://ift.tt/1GO9Db7
I'm not even going to complain about the subscription model that has everyone up in arms. I don't like it much, either, but hey, a company's gotta make money. But, here's an idea:
GIVE US A REASON TO WANT THE NEW VERSION.
Look, I don't want to learn a new DAW. I think you're counting on that. As much as people might like to complain, and threaten to jump ship, there are realities of working in a business where PT is the de facto standard. Not to mention the investment of time to learn a new way of working. But you're only going to be able to push people so far. There are a lot of great options out there, looking more inviting with every misstep and empty promise.
Maybe the hypotheses about Avid being run by a bunch of money-grubbing, borderline incompetent execs are true, and I'm screaming into the void, here. But on the off chance that someone who gives a damn reads this...well, I can dream, can't I?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire