To AVID:
SUMMARY:
I currently plan to commit $200 annually to Avid. However, I hope that Avid will let me run ~ 8-10 year old versions of Pro Tools, so that I can upgrade my computer when the need exists for me.
REQUEST FOR COMMUNICATION:
I want to hear about Avid's intention to retain the availability of older licenses with current Pro Tools commitments. How far back will Avid intend to provide? Currently, it's through 10, with the current 12.
EXPLANATION OF REQUEST:
I would like to retain the ability to use older Mac Hardware and Mac OS's as I deem is appropriate. I understand and may accept to pay the yearly pricing for plain Pro Tools, as to not incur the excessive new ~$900 perpetual software pricing if I were to let a year lapse before upgrading. However, if I decide to maintain my $200 commitment to Avid for plain Pro Tools, I want to be able to control which hardware & OS I can use. I.e., I need to retain the ability to run the version of Pro Tools which best matches my old computer/ old OS. As dated as this may sound, I can easily see running a 8-9 year old hardware, with a 6-8 year old Operating System. Today, I am using a 7 year old Mac Book Pro with a 6 year old Mac OS, with a 5 year old Pro Tools 9, using an 8 year old Digi 003. (Thank you for this!) For my current needs, this works. I do not want to be forced to upgrade my hardware or operating system because I am committing to Pro Tools/Avid on an annual basis.
With the new plan that is being implemented, please allow us to run 8+ year old versions of Pro Tools.
I may consider committing to Pro Tools/Avid for an annual $200, for the long term health and vibrancy of Pro Tools. However, I will be displeased with Avid if I am coerced to upgrade my computer & OS more frequently than I prefer, or, pay $900 to re-commit to Pro Tools, when I'm ready to try a more current version of Pro Tools, without upgrading my computer/operating system, and have that $900 fee happen sooner than 5 years time from the last upgrade.
FYI:
I am patient, and until now, I have sided with the full support of Avid's new plans. However, I am becoming uneasy. I have been slow to get perturbed on this topic. I know that I usually am more patient with my music tool companies than the norm on the internet. You can interpret this honest observation as you deem fit.
SIDE NOTE:
I hope upgrading from Pro Tools 9 does not require me to relinquish the ability to run Pro Tools 9. Anyone know?
SUMMARY:
I currently plan to commit $200 annually to Avid. However, I hope that Avid will let me run ~ 8-10 year old versions of Pro Tools, so that I can upgrade my computer when the need exists for me.
REQUEST FOR COMMUNICATION:
I want to hear about Avid's intention to retain the availability of older licenses with current Pro Tools commitments. How far back will Avid intend to provide? Currently, it's through 10, with the current 12.
EXPLANATION OF REQUEST:
I would like to retain the ability to use older Mac Hardware and Mac OS's as I deem is appropriate. I understand and may accept to pay the yearly pricing for plain Pro Tools, as to not incur the excessive new ~$900 perpetual software pricing if I were to let a year lapse before upgrading. However, if I decide to maintain my $200 commitment to Avid for plain Pro Tools, I want to be able to control which hardware & OS I can use. I.e., I need to retain the ability to run the version of Pro Tools which best matches my old computer/ old OS. As dated as this may sound, I can easily see running a 8-9 year old hardware, with a 6-8 year old Operating System. Today, I am using a 7 year old Mac Book Pro with a 6 year old Mac OS, with a 5 year old Pro Tools 9, using an 8 year old Digi 003. (Thank you for this!) For my current needs, this works. I do not want to be forced to upgrade my hardware or operating system because I am committing to Pro Tools/Avid on an annual basis.
With the new plan that is being implemented, please allow us to run 8+ year old versions of Pro Tools.
I may consider committing to Pro Tools/Avid for an annual $200, for the long term health and vibrancy of Pro Tools. However, I will be displeased with Avid if I am coerced to upgrade my computer & OS more frequently than I prefer, or, pay $900 to re-commit to Pro Tools, when I'm ready to try a more current version of Pro Tools, without upgrading my computer/operating system, and have that $900 fee happen sooner than 5 years time from the last upgrade.
FYI:
I am patient, and until now, I have sided with the full support of Avid's new plans. However, I am becoming uneasy. I have been slow to get perturbed on this topic. I know that I usually am more patient with my music tool companies than the norm on the internet. You can interpret this honest observation as you deem fit.
SIDE NOTE:
I hope upgrading from Pro Tools 9 does not require me to relinquish the ability to run Pro Tools 9. Anyone know?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire