Post Top Ad

lundi 16 mars 2015

Major foul up on Avid's website upgrading from 10 to 11, has anyone else seen this?

Has anybody else had major issues upgrading to 11 from 10? I just bought the 200 dollar upgrade from Avid's website and went through the wringer trying to get it to work.



It turns out (according to Avid customer support) that there is a "known issue" upgrading from 10 to 11. During the registration process I was asked to put in a reseller which didn't exist therefore preventing me from receiving a download for 11 or even registering my 11 account on my Ilok.



After a long process with customer service folks, they wound up giving me the downloader via email and sending me a temporary 30 day license for 11. They couldn't tell me when they would actually fix the problem and send me a full license, and to call every 30 days to renew my temporary one until it is fixed.



Somebody else has to have encountered this problem, if so, is it still ongoing? How long have you had to renew your temporary license? Did you find a way to get this fixed?



Anyway, just looking for some experienced insight into this issue, any suggestion will be highly appreciated, fingers crossed...




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés