Post Top Ad

lundi 16 mars 2015

MIDI 8x8 interface solution help

Hi there.



I'm looking for a MIDI solution, and I hope you can help me. I'm sitting on many hardware machines with MIDI IN/OUT, and it's about time to make life easier. Until now, I've had to switch MIDI cables every time I wanna change the receiving source.



When searching for 8x8 MIDI interfaces, I've come across a few modern once which are USB-powered. I wish not to use any USB devices. Not only because my computer doesn't have a free USB, but also cause I want to keep it as simple and "standalone" as possible, without USB.

I've looked at the Roland A-880, Emagic AMT-8 and the MOTU MIDI Time Piece II. They are all old enough not to require USB-power, and I've read good things about them.



What I need to be able to do:

Record MIDI with my various MIDI keyboards into Pro Tools, and playing back MIDI with my DAW into any of the MIDI hardware machine I chose.

Will I be able to do this with these old school machines?

Is there a quick way of change the routing on these interfaces, for example MIDI IN 5 send to MIDI OUT 8 etc, without software programming/USB-hassle?



I'm using Mbox 3 Pro (that has one MIDI IN/OUT port) and running Pro Tools 10.

I'm thankful for any help, hints and tips.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés