Post Top Ad

mardi 30 septembre 2014

It's safe to say that Pro Tools 11 > 10

I owned Pro Tools 11 HD for a year before I felt it was ready for me to switch to. Last month I switched to 11 and started getting used to it. I have been using it almost every day with few problems (a few bugs that I found workarounds to) overall it has been stable.



I must have gotten really used to it because I just opened 10 back up, and it made me realize that 11, is a huge improvement. The mix window display looks so bad on 10 compared to 11 now that I'm used to it! Making the faders larger was a great decision, looking at the small faders on 10 its a joke now. Not to mention the Graphics on 11 are much higher resolution. Offline bounce is key. Use that every day. Thanks Avid.



At first using the audio engine, I didn't notice much improvement in performance until this week. Was mixing a song for an artist and needed to use Lots and lots of plugins. Was able to squeeze maybe 25-45 percent more power out of my system before it maxed out. Nice. By the way the new avid dither is now my go to. Beats pwr dither to my ears.



Pt 11 is a great upgrade from 10. At this point, I don't think there's anything that 11 can't do that 10 can. It's finally where it should be. Anyone thinking of upgrading, now is a great time. Great product




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

We’ll never share your email address with a third-party.

Libellés

Libellés

Libellés